Immigration Legal Services - Practice Areas

De La Torre Law offers the following immigration legal services to families and individuals:

Family Immigration – We help citizens and legal residents apply to bring spouses and other family members into the country. We can prepare your family visa petition and assist you through the entire green card process.

Naturalization and Citizenship - We help clients become citizens of the United States.  We can assess your prospects for obtaining citizenship by identifying any potential obstacles to U.S. citizenship, including criminal charges, recommending actions you can take to improve your chances of approval, educating you about the naturalization process, and preparing your application.

Waivers of Inadmissibility - An applicant for permanent resident status who is inadmissible to the United States, generally due to a prior immigration violation, criminal violation or health-related ground of inadmissibility, may be eligible to apply for a waiver through their U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident spouse or parent. This is a complex process, requiring a showing of extreme hardship to the applicant’s U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident spouse or parent if they are unable to remain in the U.S. The I-601A provisional waiver program allows certain spouses, parents and minor children of U.S. citizens to apply for a waiver prior to departing the U.S. for their immigrant visa appointment.

Defense from Deportation and Removal - If you face a removal hearing and the possibility of deportation, we may be able to help you.  Relief from deportation may be in the form of cancellation of removal, waivers of inadmissibility, asylum, motions to suppress, adjustment of status, humanitarian relief, or temporary protected status (TPS).

Asylum – Seeking asylum requires careful preparation and an understanding of how to present your case.  We can help you to prepare your application and supporting evidence, accompany you to any meetings, interviews or hearings with government officials, prepare briefs on your behalf, and represent you in immigration court if you are in removal proceedings.

U-Visa Nonimmigrant Status – If you have been a victim of a crime in the United States, you may be eligible for U-visa nonimmigrant status. Recipients of U-visa status can remain in the United States for up to four years and may be accompanied by eligible family members.  After four years, a U nonimmigrant recipient may apply for adjustment of status for legal permanent residence.  Our attorney can assist you in determining if you are eligible for U-visa nonimmigrant status.

Nonimmigrant Visas – If you or someone you know is planning a short trip to the United States, you generally must obtain a “nonimmigrant” or temporary visa. We can help you determine what type of visa you qualify for, and what steps you have to take to in applying for such a visa.

Student and Exchange Program Participant Visas – If you have a residence in a foreign country which you have no intention of abandoning, and you who wish to come to the United States to pursue a course of study at an academic institution accredited by the USCIS, you may qualify for an F-1 student visa. In addition, applicants may qualify for a J-1 & J-2 Exchange Visitor Visa if they are coming to the United States to participate in a program of studies, training, research, or cultural enrichment specifically designed by the United States Department of State (DOS). Individuals who qualify under this category are trainees, scholars, professors, teachers, medical graduates, students, and trainees.

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) - On June 15, 2012, President Obama signed a memorandum allowing certain undocumented individuals who were brought to the United States as children to apply for Deferred Action a work permit. In order to qualify, individuals must demonstrate they were under 31 years of age on June 15, 2012; entered the U.S. while under that age of 16; have lived in the U.S. continuously from June 15, 2007 until present; were physically present in the U.S. on June 15, 2012; are currently in school, have graduated from high school, obtained a GED, or have been honorably discharged from the armed forces; and have not been convicted of a felony, a significant misdemeanor, or more than three misdemeanors.


If you need immigration legal services, please contact us today.

Every situation is different. Please contact us to determine the best immigration solutions for you.